Kodaikanal Christian College (KCC)
Kodaikanal Christian College (KCC) is located in Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu was established in the year 1994. This college belongs to House of Abrahams Charitable Trust. This college is affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu and accredited by NAAC with a High B. The college is recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu as a Religious Minority Institute, approved by UGC under 12B 2(f) Status, affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University and is an Autonomous Institution. The college is also approved by the Government of Tamil Nadu (G.O. No.995 dt 12.10.1994).
Motto:“Born to Lead”
Kodaikanal Christian College exists to transform lives through holistic education that addresses the mind, body and soul through high quality, exceptional education while providing the right spiritual atmosphere for individuals to grow.
Kodaikanal Christian College’s mission is to impart sound education based on the principles of faith in God, love for humanity, ethical purity, and a global perspective modeled after Jesus Christ. Through high academic standards, the college strives to develop each person to be competent professionals in their field of study while being transformed into model world leaders.
- Kodaikanal Christian College is the first and largest co-educational arts and sciences college to be established in Kodaikanal.
- Located on Paradise Hill, the KCC campus covers a sprawling, scenic 42-acre property and includes facilities such as a mess hall, separate hostels, administrative offices, sports courts, and interactive classroom buildings to name a few.
- 24/7 high-speed, wi-fi Internet is enabled on the entire campus, including hostels.
- Members of the student body, faculty, and management hail from countries in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and the United States.
- Organized into seven departments, Kodaikanal Christian College offers both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degrees.
The Additional Certificate programs offered by KCC includes:
- NCCMP – National Stock Exchange Certified Capital Market Professional
- Concordia College, New York
- Trinity College, London
The Department of Hotel Management & Catering Science also offers one 2-year diploma course for students who meet the requirement of passing the 10th standard.
KCC’s sister organization, Paradise Academy offers students free diplomas along with their degree syllabi.
Total work force consists of 90 professionals (including Teaching and Non-Teaching).
Since KCC’s inception, thousands of students graduated and are well placed across the world.
* Awaiting approval from MKU
College Type: Private Autonomous
Number of companies visited the campus in the academic year :9+
KCC offers eight undergraduate degrees and two postgraduate degrees. The college has seven departments:
- Department of Hotel Management,
- Department of Management Studies,
- Department of Commerce,
- Department of Computer Science and Information Technology,
- Department of Economics,
- Department of Social Work,
- Department of Foreign Trade.
- Department of English
UG Courses Offered
|B.Sc in Hotel Management and Catering Science|
PG Courses Offered
A well stocked library with over 30,000 research and study books, international and national periodicals and journals, and universal access to digital libraries.
Conditions for Issue of Books
Before borrowing a book, it is the responsibility of the student to ensure that the book is in good condition. If any damage is noticed, the student should bring it to the attention of the librarian at the time of borrowing. Failing to do so will result in the student taking responsibility for any defects. Periodicals, Journals, and Dictionaries will not be lent out.
- Users of the Library are not allowed to bring their personal copies of books or notebooks inside the Library. They are permitted to carry only loose sheets of paper.
- Non-KCC students or faculty are not permitted to use the library unless approved by Principal. In addition, research scholars and students of other colleges /universities will be allowed to use the library with the special permission of the Principal.
- Silence shall be strictly observed in the Library
- Unless they undergo the correct check out policies, books, journals etc, cannot be taken out of the library even for a short while.
- All students and staff entering the Library shall enter their names, date and time of entry in the register kept at the entrance. While leaving they are required to disclose their time of exit in the records.
Student who desire to borrow books must adhere to the following rules:
- Students are entitled to borrow two books at a time for a period of seven days.
- Failure to return the books on time by either student or faculty will entail a fine of Rs. 2 per book per day up to a maximum of 5 days beyond which a heavy penalty will be imposed.
- Upon return, the Librarian will examine the books. Removal of papers, diagrams, disfiguring books, writing or scribbling on pages, etc., will entail payment of the cost of the books as well as replacement of the damaged book in the library.
- Reference books, periodicals and newspapers, should not be removed from the library on any account.
- Books that can be borrowed can be reserved for use. When returned by a user, if the book has been reserved by another user, the latter is given preference for issue of the book.
- Books may be renewed only on one occasion sequentially.
- The decision of the Principal on all matters of lending shall be final.
Loss Of Books
Loss of library books should be immediately reported to the librarians. Any student/staff who loses borrowed books must replace them in original within four weeks of notice. The decision of the Chairman/Principal regarding imposition of penalties with regard to loss of books is final. Collective penalties may be imposed on students of specific departments in case of missing books.
Located on a sprawling 30 acres, Kodaikanal Christian College offers amenities and facilities for students to get the best college experience.
Classrooms & Auditorium
KCC is a learning centre for students who desire to improve and grow in their academics. With state of the art smart classrooms with LCD Projectors, The Sherwin Abraham Computer Centre for research, and Abraham Hall for hosting major functions and student seminars, KCC provides every student with the needed infrastructure for learning.
Housing & Hostels
Separate male and female hostel facilities are provided for all students.
The Men’s Hostel is located on campus with fully furnished amenities and a spectacular scenic view. Various hostel models are available for the students based on their year of study. All rooms are equipped with furniture, toilet facilities and Wi-Fi (wireless internet) connection.
Mess & Canteen
Hygienic vegetarian and non-vegetarian food is provided for all students and faculties in the college mess along with a fully- equipped canteen that gives students the opportunity to purchase various food items of their choice.
The college boasts of having the highest playground in Asia, called Mount Adoni, which is laid out with a 400-metre running track. KCC also has a racquet / squash ball court, a basketball court, table tennis facilities and a workout / health gym.
- 24/7 High Speed Wi-Fi (Wireless Internet) for all students
- LCD Projector Classrooms
- Computer Lab with High Speed Internet Connection
- Interactive Classrooms with other University / College Programs
- Laptop Options for all incoming students
|MBA PGCET Fee||–|
|MCA PGCET Fee||–|