- Landline: 040-23000472/ 473 / 454, (+91) 40230004720, (+91) 40230004540, (+91) 40230004730
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.nithm.ac.in
Dr. YSR National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management (NITHM)
Dr. YSR National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management (NITHM) Gachibowli, Telangana was established in the year 2004.This college is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University(JNTU),Anantpur,Hyderabad and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Dr. Y.S.R. National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management began academic operations in October 2004 and formally inaugurated by the INC President Mrs. Sonia Gandhi on 16th March 2005. It was established under the provisions of Andhra Pradesh Societies Registration Act – 2001, with its campus located on a 30 acre verdant expanse in serene natural aesthetic settings interspersed with spots of rocky terrain and the undulating lake waters in the frontage abutting the main building. It is located in the Business and Education hub of Hyderabad at Gachibowli with a built-up area of about 2 lakh squarefoot in multiple blocks.
National Institute Of Tourism And Hospitality Management offers Master of Business Administration in Tourism and Hospitality, Bachelor of Business Administration in Tourism and Hospitality and bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology courses. NITHM endeavours to carve a niche for itself and gain pre-eminence as an Institution dedicated to the synergistic blend of theory and practice, academics and administration, education and employability, national and global, traditional and modern, for today, tomorrow and beyond.
Hospitality & Tourism
Sector with its human factor and humane touch has no threat perception of incursion from the technology domain in terms of manpower replacement and substitution because by its very nature the former deals with personal service to guests and customers who cannot be so served by gadgets, equipment or machines. Hence job shrinkage on that count is to be ruled out and the prospects are always proliferately positive.
Why Dr. YSR National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty
- Provides placement in highly reputed organization
- State of the art infrastructure facilities
- Personailty development programme and seminars are held on regular basis
Short Documentary on NITHM
The Institute is in close proximity to the famed Hi-tec City, software MNCs like Microsoft, Infosys, Wipro, TCS. The other educational bodies of national repute around include Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Indian School of Business, IIIT, Hyderabad Central University, Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages as also such famed organisations like National Institute of Design and Fashion Technology, Administrative Staff College of India, Centre for cellular and molecular biology etc.
The Institute is modelled on the lines of premier institutions like IITs and IIMs of the nation and internationally like Harvard Business School and Cornell University. An autonomous institute, it endeavours to carve out a niche for itself and gain pre-eminence as an Institution dedicated to the synergistic blend of theory and practice, academics and administration, education and employability, national and global factors, traditional and modern concepts and issues for today, tomorrow and beyond and to transform itself to become the apex body for holistic development of all related sectors coming under the Tourism and Hospitality industry through provision of education, training, research and consultancy services.
The Institute is determined to mould the students for a global environment, to instill character and values required for a responsible decision making in all professional and personal activities. The meticulously designed curriculum which is revised from time to time as the Industry warrants enables the students to develop skills in communications, critical thinking, ethics, interpersonal relationships, leadership and technology that are assimilated and applied in the professional courses of the college at the Post graduate, Undergraduate, Diploma and Certificate level programmes. A PLACE where comPLACEncy has no PLACE.
- To scale Zenithal heights of success and achievement and in benchmarking international standards in hospitality related management education, human resources development, rolling out specialists in multifarious sectors like travel and tourism, culinary and catering, food and beverage, nutrition and salubrity, event and ecology management AND to make its culminated contribution to transform the world a FUN – TASTIC place to live in.
- To be an epitome of excellence in tourism and hospitality education, training, consultancy and research
- To cater to the training needs of managerial and supervisory levels in the industry sectors and for their guidance and assistance
- Impart in-service training for practicing managers in Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship at the tourism facilities and service centres
- To associate itself and work in tandem with international agencies in developing and benchmarking standards in Tourism and Hospitality Management
Mission is to instill necessary pep and zeal among the students and trainees to help develop a flair for management education and augmenting the pool of human resources sub-serving Tourism and Hospitality divisions by rolling out well groomed multi skilled masters who continuously seek to improve the relevance and quality to meet the industry needs and through interface to all sectors and facets of human endeavour.
Goals & Objectives
- The objective of the institute is to train and develop practices for improved perception and performance
- To impart education to confer undergraduate, Post graduate and Doctoral degrees
- To train and develop practices for improved perception and performance
- To undertake research operations for new discoveries of knowledge and better usage
- To facilitate consultancy services for innovative ideas and methods as well as to churn out suggestions for improvement in activities
College Type: Private Institute
Number of Companies visited the Campus in the academic year: 44
Number of VTU Ranks in the academic Year: 0
UG Courses Offered
|Course Name||Total Intake|
|Bachelor in Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT)||120|
|Bachelor of Science (Hospitality & Hotel Management)||120|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (Tourism & Hospitality)||120|
PG Courses Offered
|Course Name||Total Intake|
|MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management||80|
|MBA in Hospitality Management||80|
The library has a rich collection of books with over 6000 titles, 70 national/international journals, magazines and newspapers of didactic and academic interest. The library hall covers about 5000 sq. ft. of floor space and has 300 seating capacity. An inventory of books is arranged in the shelf and is located on the main structure’s first floor overlooking the breezy lake waters. It has an excellent reading atmosphere.
National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management (NITHM) has a Career Development Centre provides placement services for students. The alumni of the NITHM is working with institute and helping in career development of students. The Hospitality and Tourism alumni of the institute provides jobs and internship opportunities for the final semester students by organizing career panels. NITHM Placement cell is supervise by the placement officer. Institute Invites leading hotel industry in their institute for the placement.
|Fee Details||Amount (Rs.)|